Monday, January 9, 2017

Bible Study: “Walking in Wisdom” {GraceNotes}

Walking in Wisdom books
Looking forward to beginning my next Bible Study, starting next Monday. My first study with Love God Greatly was the Advent study, “God With Us.” I am impressed with the Love God Greatly belief statement, and I highly recommend their studies.
For each of their studies, there is an option to purchase a paperback book from Amazon (this one was $10.79, free shipping from Amazon Prime), or to download the study materials directly from their web site. I chose to purchase the book, as I think it might even be less expensive than printing out the 115 pages at home. Mainly, I like that this organization is not-for-profit, and so my purchase price goes back into the ministry. Their studies are translated and distributed in several languages.
Here is the description of the study from their web site:
“The Book of Proverbs positions us face-to-face with the wise and the fool and the consequences that follow their choices. The text is highly personal, at times uncomfortably transparent, and doesn’t mess around in zeroing in on the world’s greatest temptations that threaten to lead us astray from walking in the wisdom that God intended for us.
This six-week Love God Greatly Online Bible Study on Proverbs points to a topical look at Proverbs and the key themes of wisdom in our speech, our relationships, our work and wealth, and in the face of temptation.
Trust in the Lord instead of your own understanding is where the book of Proverbs ultimately leads us. God is the source of all wisdom, He uses these proverbs to show us the path that leads to wisdom, and He reveals to us the fruit of walking in this great wisdom… so that our trust is ultimately not in our floundering ways, but can be found securely in Him.”
#BibleStudy #LoveGodGreatly #WalkinginWisdom #Proverbs #SOAPMethod

1 comment:

Kristy said...

Looks like a neat Bible Study. Proverbs is one of my favorite books because it's like reading poetry. I hope you enjoy it. Let me know what you think of the study when you finish.