Wednesday, February 7, 2018

My Reading List {My Book Corner}

I have always loved to read, since I learned with Dick and Jane readers in the first grade (no kindergarten), starting in Blue Eye, Missouri, and then finishing first grade in Arkadelphia, Arkansas. I love to read, and I love books. One of my wild dreams has always been to own a book shop with a little corner coffee shop (combining two of my favorite things!).

At any given time, I have books that I just finished (and would recommend—because if I wouldn’t recommend a book, I don’t finish it), book/s that I am reading now, and books “on deck” that I have recently ordered or been given, that I will be reading next.

Just thought it would be fun to share those.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Recently Completed

These books I recently completed. I highly recommend all of them; they each made a difference in my Christian walk, and in some cases, in my life.

One Thousand Gifts Devotional by Ann Voskamp.

In a Pit with a Lion on a Snowy Day and Draw a Circle (40-day Prayer Challenge) by Mark Batterson.

A Sudden Glory by Sharon Jaynes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Reading Now and Loving It!

This is the book I am currently reading. I saw a post on Proverbs 31 ministries by Alli Worthington, and I immediately ordered the book, just released. It has the potential to absolutely change my life. I can hardly put it down. I firmly believe that God put this book into my hands for this time in my life. It combines wisdom from Scripture with real-life action steps to overcome fear, worry and anxiety.

Fierce Faith: A Woman’s Guide to Fighting Fear, Wrestling Worry, and Overcoming Anxiety

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Up next:

Up Next
Looking forward to reading from this library of non-fiction books.

#MyBookCorner #GoodReading #WorldofBooks #ReadingNow #FierceFaith #AlliWorthington

No comments: