Thursday, February 15, 2018

The Birds and Me {Bible Art Journaling}

Bible Art Matt 6-36 ILBible

My new Crossway ESV Journaling Bible, Interleaved Edition, with a blank page between every page of text, allows plenty of room for art without it being “on” the page of text. In this case, I used mixed media (a combination of media, such as paints, stamps, decoupage), my “first love” of hobby art.

After prepping the page with clear gesso so that the paint would not bleed through, I sketched the bird and branch and then painted the image and the background with acrylic paints. After adding a couple of background stamps, I used decoupage to adhere the word strips.

Note: I was hesitant about the Interleaved Bible, but it is quickly becoming my favorite journaling Bible.

I love this simple truth: God cares for the birds. How much more, then, does He care for me.

Matthew 6:26 (ESV)

Bible Art Matt 6-36 ILBible

#BibleArtJournaling #InterleavedJournalingBible #MixedMedia #GodsCare #FaithArt

No comments: