Sunday, March 11, 2018

Blessing Upon Blessing Upon Blessing{HeartStrings; My Family, My Heart}

Our first great grandchild, Leeland Carl Ford, was born at 6:07 PM (PST), March 10, 2018, in Vancouver, Washington, to our grandson Conner and his wife Caroline. Leeland’s paternal grandparents are our son Mark and his wife Kristy.

Stats: 6 pounds, 2 ounces, 19 1/2 inches

These pictures, from Mark and Kristy, are from Leeland’s first day. (We will be able to see him later this month…Washington is a long way from Missouri…sigh.)

Little Adorable Snuggle Bug

03-10-2018 Leeland's First Day (1)

03-10-2018 Leeland's First Day (3)

03-10-2018 Leeland's First Day (4)

03-10-2018 Leeland's First Day (5)

03-10-2018 Leeland's First Day (7)

03-10-2018 Leeland's First Day (10)

03-10-2018 Leeland's First Day (9)

As the keeper of the family history records, yesterday I input Leeland’s birth information into my family tree software. As I clicked on Mark and Kristy's record, and then next clicked on Conner and Caroline's record, and then clicked on "Add a son" under the record for Conner and Caroline Ford, that's when the obvious hit me.

In my family, Leeland is the first of a new generation.

He will always be our first great grandchild. He will always be Mark and Kristy's first grandchild. He will always be Conner and Caroline's firstborn.

Legacy is such a special thing.

We are blessed through these layers God has given us: our son and his wife, their son and his wife, and now their son. I think of the old hymn, “There Shall be Showers of Blessing.” For me, it is, “There Shall be LAYERS of Blessing.”

Welcome to our family, Precious One, Son of My Son's Son.

His mercy extends to those who fear him, from generation to generation.
Luke 1:50 (NIV)

#FamilyLove #Legacy #LayersofBlessing #GreatGrandson #JesusLovesMe

2 comments:

Pastor Mark said...

Speechless. So thankful you put together stuff like this.

Barbara said...

Very sweet of you to leave this comment!